Home > Culture & environment > Churches, chapels & monasteries

Church of Evangelistria (Annunciation)

In the coastal village of Kioni, on a small hill, one finds the sizeable, free-standing, structure of the Holy Church of the “Evangelistria”. It was built in the middle of the nineteenth century due to the fundraising efforts of St Joachim, ‘Papoulakis’ (1786-1868). It is a spacious, tall structure with an adequate number of large windows that allow ample light into the interior. The Iconostasis and all the décor of the Church is influenced by the western style.

  • Ελληνικά
  • EN
ΜΕΝU