This is a small Church, built in 1751, and dedicated to St Efstathios. Its Icon-screen is of stone and is decorated with iconography. The same iconography decorates the Apse of the Sanctuary and the Prothesis (Offertory). The special area set aside for women, with its wooden lattice-work, is of special interest. In 1884 the sides of the Church were extended slightly, while the Sanctuary remained the same size.
The Church of St Efstathios is the first Church, or certainly among the first Churches, to be built in Vathy after the descent of the inhabitants from the Petaliatiko, (Palaiochora) region, to the area of today’s capital.